Lice Facts... be prepared.
There's a lot of confusion about head lice. Don't worry, they don't jump, fly or swim! Head lice can be bothersome, but they are not dangerous to your health.
- Head lice shampoos can be highly toxic for your child, and many strains of head lice are immune to the chemicals in over the counter shampoos
- Head lice cannot live on your pets
- Head lice cannot live and breed in your environment i.e. couches, carpets, cars, movie theaters, airplanes
- Head lice are not signs of unwashed hair-they thrive in clean hair rather than dirty hair
- Head lice crosses all socioeconomic boundaries
- Head lice is one of the top 3 reasons why children miss school
- Longer hair is more susceptible in contracting head lice
- Head lice thrive equally in warm and cold climates
- Head lice cannot jump or fly
- Use all natural product to aid in your manual lice removal methods
- Daily wash only the clothing, bedding, brushes and hair accessories used during your head lice infestation
- Once lice is detected have your entire household screened
- Inform your school and friends you have head lice to avoid further cross pollination
- Relax and take a deep breath!
- Do not replace your furnishings including your mattress
- Do not wash your entire wardrobe
- Do not use toxic products
- Do not cut your hair or pour oil, Vaseline, mayonnaise or vinegar on it
- Do not set your house on fire
- Do not panic!
WHO'S AT RISK?
- 80% of the time person with head lice will pass the infestation on to their siblings
- 80% of the time mothers contract head lice from their children
- 20% of the time fathers contract head lice from their children
- 35% of the time nannies contract head lice